Me and Jacob

Me and Jacob

Friday, March 1, 2013

Sweet Wishes

       I love how Jacob's sweet mind works. He hears the word birthday and he automatically thinks it's his birthday and that he gets presents. I told him this morning, as I was getting him ready for school, that it was mommy's birthday. Excitedly he replied "Yay, I get a Buzz Light year present." He's so innocent and honest about it. The words that he says sound so selfish but he's just excited because it's tradition to get presents on your birthday. This is one thing I cherish so much about him. He's so complex yet so simple. He's happy with just one toy at Christmas when other kids want it all. He is a constant reminder to keep life simple. I swear he coined the phrase "dance like no one is watching." I love to watch him play because he's so free, he doesn't care what he looks like, he doesn't care that he plays differently from all the other kids. He's just happy.
        I pray so often that he will continue to progress and amaze us. I just pray that if he progresses enough to lose his diagnosis that he doesn't lose that sense of simplicity. It's such a great mindset to have.  I worry sometimes that the older he gets the more he will realize how different he is from everyone. If and when this day comes I hope that I have wise words to tell him that he understands. I am his advocate, his biggest fan, and i will do everything I can to help him understand that. The best comfort I have is knowing that God loves him even more than I do. I can rest assured that God will not forsake that sweet boy.

"If God cares so wonderfully for the flowers
that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't
He more surely care for you?"
Luke 12:28

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?
 Yet not one of them will fall to the ground
apart from the will of your Father. And even
the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than
many sparrows."
Matthew 10:29 -31


No comments:

Post a Comment