Me and Jacob

Me and Jacob

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Life's a Musical

    It's amazing to me how much music has a grip on me. It really can determine what kind of mood I'm in. I realized this yesterday when I was in a terrible mood all day. Nothing seem to be going right and the kids were whiny,complaining and fighting and I had so much to do and such little time. I turned on the radio and the first song that came on was "Good Morning" by Mandisa. It was slightly strange that it came on while I was cooking supper, however, that song always gets me in the dancing mood. I started dancing around the kitchen and singing at the top of my lungs. The rest of the night was very pleasant.

    I very rarely get to listen to music in the car anymore because of our DVD player that our kids think has to be on, even if we are just riding a mile to the grocery store. Even if I do make them turn their movie off it's constant questions and Jacob begging me to quit singing, so it's never enjoyable. I try to remember to turn my radio on in my kitchen but sometimes just adding another level of volume to my day is mind numbing. So, I end up turning it off. 

   I need to keep it on more often because music really does soothe my soul. Maybe its because I can sing at the top of my lungs and that seems to drown out the fussing and fighting coming from the other room. Music also reminds me of who God is, and with the craziness of being a stay at home mom and not having a lot of time for reading and studying God's word, it's a nice retreat to get lost in the words of some of the songs played on Christian radio. 

Music is my life, it keeps me going and sometimes is the best medicine a girl could ask for. 

Some of my favorite songs right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment