Me and Jacob

Me and Jacob

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cancer or No Cancer...God is still Good

     Yesterday I woke up knowing that in a few hours from then my dad could find out that he had cancer. A few weeks before, when my dad told me his PSA count was high, I was scared, worried and anxious. I pleaded with God to sustain my faith through this uncertainty. Although prostate cancer is somewhat easy to fix, the news of it possibly being cancer was almost unbearable to think about. My dad has been a rock for us through the uncertainty of autism. Besides me and Erick, my dad is Jacob's biggest fan. I don't ever want to think about him being gone, but certainly not this soon. 
     I woke up yesterday with peace. Not because I prayed and I knew God was going to heal my dad, but a peace knowing that God was in control. That no matter the outcome God is still good and He is wonderful in all His ways. Knowing that I could praise him even in the darkest of circumstances was a comfort. All Day I kept singing a song that I learned when I was a kid...

"This is the day, This is the day
That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made,
I will rejoice, I will rejoice
and be glad in it, and be glad in it.
This is the day that the Lord has made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day, this is the day 
that the Lord has made.

     I cleaned all morning and made plans for lunch since my brother and his wife were coming to celebrate or be of comfort. We weren't sure what the news was going to be but they wanted to be here with everyone. Caleb and I ran to the grocery store to get some things for lunch and on our way out we ran into my mom. She calmly said, "we have good news." I was stunned. I walked (wanting to run) to their car to see what my dad had to say and he calmly got out and said "no cancer." I wanted to hoot and holler and do a happy dance in the middle of the Kroger parking lot. I contained myself...until I got back in my car!! 
     Had God answered my prayers? Who knows! Maybe this was His plan all along. All I knew was that my dad was cancer free and my God is good. The best part about all of this was knowing that even if my dad did have cancer, God is still good. 


1 comment: