Me and Jacob

Me and Jacob

Friday, March 8, 2013

False Prophets

There has been something weighing on my mind for about a week now. I thought this feeling was going to go away but it just keeps getting stronger, so I wanted to blog about it and get it out of my system and off my chest.

I've been seeing and hearing a lot of people lately that have been quoting Joel Osteen and I'm absolutely dumbfounded  I'm saddened at the many people that are led astray by his lies. Am I the only one who see's right through him? These lies are so obvious that they are straight from the evil one.

Here are a few of Osteen's quotes and a few scriptures that completely go against what he's teaching.

"I've discovered that God likes to outdo Himself:" - Joel Osteen

What? First off if God likes to "outdo" Himself, that means that he was lacking in things he has done in the past which cannot be true. He is Almighty and He NEVER changes. He has been is and will forever be good. God NEVER Changes...

Malachi 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I do not change; therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

"God wants us to prosper financially, to have plenty of money to fulfill the destiny that He has laid out for us." - Joel Osteen

God wants us to be obedient and faithful children of Him. That means faithful in riches and faithful in poverty.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Matthew 6:19 & 20 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Luke 18:22 When Jesus Hear this, He said to him, "You still lack one thing, Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Mark 8:36 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

The list of verses goes on and on.

"You make mistakes but that doesn't make you a sinner, you've got the very nature of God inside of you." - Joel Osteen

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Proverbs 28:13 He that cover's his sins shall not prosper. But whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

"You are a no lack person. God created you with everything you need to fulfill your destiny, you have the talent, creativity and determination." Joel Osteen

So, God created me to fulfill MY destiny? I really thought that I was created for HIS glory, not my own.

2 Corinthians 2:17 Let him who boasts boast in the Lord


Romans 16:17 -19 I URGE you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions an put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

2 Timothy 4:1-4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, i give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.





No comments:

Post a Comment