Me and Jacob

Me and Jacob

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Busiest Day EVER!!!

     Yesterday was one of the busiest day's we've ever had. The day started off with the Lee County Autism Walk. We had friends and family come in support of Jacob. It was so nice to see everyone participating and wearing the sticker's that we had made for them. Jacob especially liked seeing his picture on the sticker.

~Jacob's Sticker~

         Everyone was so cheerful and happy to be there and it was such an inspiration to see this sticker on everyone in "Team Kent's" t-shirts. The best part was seeing everyone that we love supporting Jacob in something that is so much a part of our lives. We missed the ones that couldn't be there, but just because they weren't there doesn't mean they weren't helping in some form or fashion. The sweetest thing about the walk was knowing that our 10 year old niece, Anna Kathryn, desired so much to be there supporting Jacob. She has such a big heart and knowing that Jacob is important to her gives me so much joy. The other's in our family love and support Jacob just as much but there's nothing sweeter than seeing another kid love my kid...there's just something special about that!!



The next event was Jacob's t-ball game. We hurried from the autism walk to the ball field just in time for Jacob's game to start. As I've posted before, the miracle league is always a great experience. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures here, mainly because I was Jacob's buddy for the game. He loved every minute of me being out there with him too, which was a wonderful experience. I did take one quick picture though...

~ Goofy Boy ~

We then quickly hurried off to A-day game to see the tiger's play. It was a fun experience getting to see the new coach in action and getting to spend some more time with family and a friend that we hadn't seen in a while. I guess the most fun part of this time was getting to explain some football things to my niece.


After the game we headed back to our house for some burger's and hot dogs. Then we ventured back to Toomer's Corner for "The Last Roll." It was an awesome sight to see!!! 


I really enjoyed the day, even though my feet felt like they were going to fall off when I took my shoes off.
It was a great day celebrating the things I love the most...Jacob, family, friends and Auburn. War Eagle and thanks to everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment