Me and Jacob

Me and Jacob

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Myrtle Beach

Erick and I are preparing to leave to go on a couples get away and it seems that the closer we get to leaving the more excited I am, but I'm also starting to panic a little. I've never been away from either of my children for this long and although I need a break, I have a feeling that I'm going to miss them terribly. How is it that the one thing we feel the need to get away from is the exact thing that makes us want to come home? It's the strangest feeling I've ever known. Some days I wish that life was like the story of Benjamin Button. I wish we'd start off old and wise so we would know how to appreciate things when we grow younger. It seems the older I get the more I miss certain aspects of my younger days. I know that one day I will miss my children being young, cute and not so innocent!! Right now it seems like the days are long and full of whining and fussing. People tell me that one day I will wish I could come back to this time and maybe I will, but right now I'm not sure why. I guess it's like childbirth. The older your kids get the harder it is to remember the pain of childbirth. So, the older your kids get the harder it is to remember how time consuming they are and the fact that when they whine all day all you want to do is lock yourself in a closet and let them fin for themselves. So, why in the world do I feel panicky? Like they say, the bond between a mother and child is not explainable. I can't wait to get away from them tomorrow but I'm already counting down the days till I can see them again...I love them, what can I say? 

No comments:

Post a Comment