Me and Jacob

Me and Jacob

Friday, July 27, 2012

Backpacks and Robots

A few days ago Jacob and I sat down at the computer and I let him pick out his backpack and lunchbox pattern. He quickly chose the robots and thought that he could have these things immediately. I tried to explain to him that they'd be here in a few days but I'm not sure that he understood cause he just kept asking for them. A day or two passed and he seemed to have forgotten about them. I was hoping he'd still be excited when they came in the mail. He was napping yesterday when his lunchbox was delivered so I unwrapped it and set it on the counter all nice and neat so he'd see it when he woke up. After his nap he came downstairs and I quietly called his name while pointing to the lunchbox. As soon as he saw it his face lit with excitement and he jumped up and ran to grab it. He said "THANKS!!! I like it!!!!! My eyes welled up with tears. He probably sat for 30 minutes just checking it out and playing with it. I wish I knew what he thought about seeing it on the computer screen and then it showing up at the house a few days later. Hopefully one day he can explain, but for now, I think his smile says it all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment