Me and Jacob

Me and Jacob

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Free Day

I just woke up at 7 a.m.!! This never happens in our household because Jacob's normally awake and in our bed repetitively asking for things by 5:15. Thank God for grandparents that offer to let him spend the night when I need a break! I get overjoyed when I wake up at 7 a.m. and I realize that I have a day free of the autism struggles. It's not that I want a day free from Jacob though, just autism. It's a day for me to rest, recoup, refocus, and FINALLY clean my house!!! I feel like having a free day from Jacob allows me to get my life back in order so I can be a better mom to him.  There's days that I wake up and imagine to myself what Jacob would be like without autism. He's such a sweet and funny little boy but what would he be like without autism. For one day I'd like to witness him having fun with no hindrances or hesitations, eat whatever he wants and not have sensory or diet issues.  I wonder how different he would be. Nevertheless, he is who he is and I love him for that. He's taught me more about life than anyone could and more than he'll ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment