Me and Jacob

Me and Jacob

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Change of Pace


I thought about the fact that all my posts are about one little boy that stole my heart 6 1/2 years ago. But today I want to talk about the 2 year old little boy that is such an inspiration. He is such a delight. Jacob was, and still, is a cautious child. Not the case with Caleb. He's so rambunctious and full of life that his new family nickname is "Rambo."  This is nothing but fitting for him. He's the child that if his friends say jump, you better watch out. That thought scares me a bit. He's always bringing something new to the table and his older brother is the apple of his eye. I posted previously about how God gave me Jacob to bring me closer to Him. I think God gave me Caleb to give me laughter and joy. Caleb is the perfect ending to the "love letter" called Jacob that God wrote to me. He's the blessing at the end of a long hard road. He's proven God's never ending love for me. Not because anything that he has done but just the simple fact that God blessed me with him. I've never had the opportunity to be loved by a child like this boy loves me. Sometimes it's taxing but I try to soak up every minute of his overbearing love for his mommy. It's amazing to me how my children can make my heart smile in two totally different ways. The song below could not describe better how I feel about my sweet, crazy two year old who's name means faith, devotion, whole hearted. In the Bible Caleb was a companion of Moses and Joshua, he was noted for his astute powers of observation and fearlessness in the face of overwhelming odds. Caleb doesn't realize it yet but he's helped me be fearless in the face of overwhelming odds. Thank you God for this amazing kid.

I've been a walking heartache
I've made a mess of me
The person that I've been lately
Ain't who I wanna be

But you stay here right beside me
Watch as the storm blows through
and I need you

Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the day's of doubt
and for when I think I've lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you.

No comments:

Post a Comment